Reading is Leading
Mortar Board members have had national projects since the Society’s founding. In 2002, the delegates passionately decided to create the "Reading is Leading" initiative.
Ways to celebrate Reading is Leading
- Read-a-thons and book drives, such as trick-or-treat for books, book drops and book fundraising competitions with prizes for student organizations that participate
- Adopt-a-school programs that challenge other student organizations on campus
- Reading programs at children’s hospitals or nursing homes
- Functional literacy workshops
- On-campus events for grade school children and their parents