Reading is Leading
Mortar Board members have had national projects since the Society’s founding. In 2002, the delegates passionately decided to create the "Reading is Leading" initiative.
Ways to celebrate Reading is Leading
- Read-a-thons and book drives, such as trick-or-treat for books, book drops and book fundraising competitions with prizes for student organizations that participate
- Adopt-a-school programs that challenge other student organizations on campus
- Reading programs at children’s hospitals or nursing homes
- Functional literacy workshops
- On-campus events for grade school children and their parents
MBAA Book Club
Join the MBAA Book Club on September 27th as they read and discuss “A Mighty Long Way: My Journey to Justice at Little Rock Central High School” by this year’s National Citation recipient Carlotta Walls LaNier. From 7:30pm-9:00pm Eastern via zoom, join the conversation as we learn and reflect on Carlotta’s experience being the youngest of the Little Rock Nine to integrate into Central High School. All are welcome!