Mortar Board Week
Mortar Board Week is a great time to hold events and celebrate the founding of Mortar Board. Chapters celebrate in different ways around the country and will find that Mortar Board provides excellent resources for visibility and meaningful programs.
Mortar Board Week commemorates the founding of Mortar Board with a weeklong celebration, annually held the week of the February 15 founding. This year’s celebration, which marks the 105th anniversary of Mortar Board, will be held from February 12-18, 2023.
Check out these resources:
- Embrace our DEI Tool Kit and find ways to incorporate Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) into your Mortar Board Week events and activities
- Find helpful tools for creating your communications including logos, guides, promotional brochures and more at our Resources page
- Check out the calendar of events below!
Calendar of events for Mortar Board Week 2023!
Mortar Board Week
Calendar of Events for Mortar Board Week 2023!
Monday, Feb 13 at 7pm EST- The Tenets of Leadership: Diversity and Equity are More than a Trend
This session will provide a guided discussion about what equity and diversity initiatives should embody and how leaders can facilitate a movement that is more than words.
This session will be presented by Mortar Board Alumni Achievement Award Winner, Dr. LeAnne Salazar Montoya and facilitated by the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Committee.
*Advance Registration Encouraged
Tuesday Feb 15 at 3pm EST- Advisor Appreciation Event & Advisor Chit Chat
Advisors – join us so we can celebrate you! Mortar Board Week 2023 recognizes Mortar Board’s 105th Birthday. We would not be 105 years old without our advisors!
Please join National President Katie Chick and other national leaders as we thank you for the integral role you play within our society, supporting our students and chapters. And, have the chance to meet the newest Mortar Board team member, Trish Maxwell, our new Director of Chapter Development and Collegiate Operations!
Wednesday, Feb 16 at 7:30pm EST- Volunteer and Donor Appreciation Event
Thank you for your dedication to Mortar Board! We want to celebrate you and your contributions to our society on Mortar Board’s 105th birthday. Join old friends and new friends in conversation while hearing updates and exciting news from National President Katie Chick and National Foundation President Dr. Barbara Arnold (and trust us, there is some BIG news to share!)
BYOC – bring your own cake!
*This event is by invitation only. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
Thursday, Feb 16 at 9pm EST- Student Social Hour: Get to Know Each Other & Your Elected Student Reps, Margaret and Makayla
Meet, mix, and mingle with other Mortar Board collegiate members nationwide. A great opportunity to network, ask questions (Mortar Board or non-Mortar Board related), share resources, and get connected with other Mortar Boards. After 105-years of Mortar Board, most members say the best part of their experience has been other members! Hosted by your elected Student Representatives-at-Large to the Mortar Board National Council, Margaret Meierhenry and Makayla Johnson.
How to celebrate Mortar Board Week
- Announce that nominations are being accepted for Mortar Board membership
- Host an event that increases campus awareness of diversity or equity
- Hold a meaningful service project that includes a large part of campus
- Honor faculty and staff mentors and student organization advisors
- Recognize academic advisors and Mortar Board advisors
- Promote women’s athletic programs
- Hold a campuswide birthday party for Mortar Board
- Connect with other collegiate chapters or local alums in your section or area for a fun social hour either in person or virtually
- Share, comment and tag people in Mortar Board Week posts on social media