Mortar Board Week
Mortar Board Week is a great time to hold events and celebrate the founding of Mortar Board. Chapters celebrate in different ways around the country and will find that Mortar Board provides excellent resources for visibility and meaningful programs.
Mortar Board Week commemorates the founding of Mortar Board with a weeklong celebration, annually held the week of the February 15 founding. This year’s celebration, which marks the 104th anniversary of Mortar Board, will be held from February 14-18, 2022.
Check out these resources:
- Embrace our DEI Tool Kit and find ways to incorporate Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) into your Mortar Board Week events and activities
- Find helpful tools for creating your communications including logos, guides, promotional brochures and more at our Resources page
- Mortar Board Week fact sheet
- Mortar Board Week Tool Kit
- Check out the calendar of events below!
Calendar of events for Mortar Board Week 2022!
How to celebrate Mortar Board Week
- Announce that nominations are being accepted for Mortar Board membership
- Host an event that increases campus awareness of diversity or equity
- Hold a meaningful service project that includes a large part of campus
- Honor faculty and staff mentors and student organization advisors
- Recognize academic advisors and Mortar Board advisors
- Promote women’s athletic programs
- Hold a campuswide birthday party for Mortar Board
- Connect with other collegiate chapters or local alums in your section or area for a fun social hour either in person or virtually
- Share, comment and tag people in Mortar Board Week posts on social media
Mortar Board celebrated its centennial February 15, 2018. National Leaders, Office Staff, and friends of Mortar Board came together to celebrate!