Being a Mortar Board member is an honor on any campus where our Society has a chapter. Mortar Board is proud to offer benefits exclusively for members to help them achieve their goals.
Mortar Board members are known on their campuses for their achievements and leadership abilities. They also form meaningful connections with faculty, administrators and other campus leaders.
There are more than 300,000 alumni nationwide. Members have a large alumni network of support and assistance, including career and graduate school connections and advice.
As a member, you have access to graduate fellowships that are only available to Mortar Board members.
Members are encouraged to join our LinkedIn page to connect and network with other members and alumni.
Federal jobs pay increase
Your membership assures that you may begin a federal government job at the GS7 level.
External fellowship and scholarship opportunities for members
- A $500 merit-based scholarship from the Washington Internship Institute
- A Washington Center internship program award of a $1,000 housing scholarship
- The possibility of a scholarship for The Fund for American Studies Summer Institute or Capital Semester
- The opportunity to apply for the NIH-Oxford-Cambridge Scholars Program
- The opportunity to apply for a yearlong, paid fellowship with City Hall Fellows