Conference Advisory Board (CAB)
The Conference Advisory Board (CAB) is an inspired, insightful and committed group of collegiate members of Mortar Board.
The National Office invites CAB to assist in the planning and execution of the national conference. CAB members are eager to meet the newest Mortar Board class and guide new presidents as they navigate the conference and prepare to lead their chapters in the next academic year.
What does CAB do?
A productive and valued member of the CAB will:
1. attend monthly virtual meetings of the CAB
2. work productively in between meetings to complete assignments and follow up on action items
3. apply their knowledge of chapter operations in developing programming for the conference
4. apply their experiences with Mortar Board and/or at the national conference in developing effective programming
5. work to develop learning outcomes for the conference and apply programming accordingly
6. help acquire/select presenters and sessions
7. work collaboratively with other members of the CAB and staff
8. be an ambassador for Mortar Board and the conference to chapters, advisors, and collegiate members.
CAB members will attend the national conference to oversee the event. Travel and accommodations will be covered by the National Office for in-person conferences.
Become a CAB member
Consider becoming a CAB member for the 2024 national leadership conference. A member may apply for a position on the CAB by completing the online application linked below.
Application deadline is March 15th so don’t wait!
2023 CAB members
2022 CAB members
Conference Program LeadKailey Jerome (University of North Dakota, 2019)
Team Lead, Social MediaMakayla Johnson (North Dakota State University, 2019)
Registration LeadCaitlyn Kant (Illinois State University, 2021)
Whova App LeadMarlene Michel (Berea College, 2021)
2021 student leader
Because the national conference had to be virtual due to the coronavirus, we were extremely lucky to have such a great student staff member work at the National Office and help lead the conference operations.